Monday, February 9, 2009

Creating Art is a journey into the unknown and unfamiliar

I wander into the unknown so that I may gain an understanding of a material or of a process.

Perhaps I’m seeking an explanation or validation of my reactions to the world around me.

Or perhaps I’m exploring a deepening emotion. What ever the reason it doesn’t really matter.

The journey will find its own beginning and its own ending and what ever I create, will be for me a personal growth experience.

Others will view my work and take a different point of view and have an altogether separate experience because we are after all unique human beings.

I wander into the unknown not because I am brave but because I choose to look at what is possible rather than to dwell on what is or has been.

What use to us are the things we know, if not to challenge us to question these theories and practices? Shouldn’t the things we know push our minds toward a different if not better understanding. How else can we break through the boundaries of science, technology and artistic expression?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Contributors

My Blog List

Followers